Frequently Asked Questions
- What is Weatherdek?
- Weatherdek is a single ply PVC membrane for use on deck and roof deck surfaces exposed to pedestrian traffic. Unlike conventional deck board products Weatherdek creates a completely waterproof surface that has many 'Advantages'.
- How long will Weatherdek last?
- A Weatherdek Vinyl Deck surface could last up to 15-25 years depending upon the application, exposure and care of the deck.
- How do I clean my Weatherdek Surface?
- Cleaning a Weatherdek surface is easy, using a mild soap solution and warm water, with a stiff bristled broom to loosen any dirt on the surface and rinse clean with a garden hose. For further information please refer to our 'Care and Cleaning' page.
- Can I shovel Snow off of my Weatherdek Surface?
- YES - using a plastic snow shovel or stiff broom you can easily remove snow form a Weatherdek surface. You can also use salt or deicing compounds on a Weatherdek surface, but be sure to rinse the surface thoroughly in the spring to remove all residues from these products.
- How much does Weatherdek Cost?
- Typically Weatherdek is priced by the square foot, as an installed product. There are many variables that effect pricing such as product thickness or pattern, job size, and job specific details. To learn more and receive an accurate estimate for your deck surface contact your local Weatherdek Dealer on our 'Find a Dealer' page.
- Is Weatherdek 'Approved' for Roofing Applications?
- YES - all Weatherdek Roof Grade products exceed building code requirements for use as a roofing material.